Synthetic identity fraud (SIF) is the use of a combination of personally identifiable information (PII) to fabricate a person or entity in order to commit a dishonest act for personal or financial gain; i. e. a combination of fabricated credentials where the implied identity is not associated with a real person.
Fraud, synthetic identity.
A new user registers using a device already registered by another user.
- User-1 is required to be registered and it has made transfers
- User-2 is required to register with User-1’s device
- User-1 makes a login and a transfer with Device-1
- User-2 register with Device-1
- User-2 makes a login and a transfer with Device-1.